Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin cookies!

Fall is finally here! If only it could stick around longer.
I decided I needed to make some pumpkin cookies!
 I cannot take credit for this recipe, I found it online and made my own variation. I am so happy with how they turned out!
They were so delicious that I had to share!
I decided to go with a cream cheese frosting instead of the one it suggested. Cream cheese frosting was made for Pumpkin Cookies, I'm tellin' ya. 

Also, I really think some mini Chocolate Chips would taste heavenly in these cookies. I just placed them on top of the cookies after they were frosted, because I didn't think to add them until later. 
These cookies are just the right amount of gooey. They are so good, guys. You have to make them.

Ingredients:

2 cups butter, softened 
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
2 eggs 
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1 15-ounce can pumpkin 
4 cups all-purpose flour

I put in a little extra Pumpkin and spices, when I made mine, and they turned out just great. I also found that these cookies are pretty heavy if you make them too large. So I made them bite size and then just ate about 3 at a time instead... Because that makes sense!
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a big bowl beat the 2 cups of butter with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Beat until combined. Beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin and then add in the flour. It will become very thick and heavy. 

2. Drop dough by teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

Let cool and then frost!

I found that these cookies really tasted better after being covered and let to sit for a while. They become very moist and delicious. How many times can I use that word in this post? A LOT. Because that's just how delicious they are.
 THEY'RE SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment