Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lately


Last week was General Conference and we stayed in bed all day. Mike did get up and make homemade horchata and blueberry pancakes and I got up to do the dishes (I hate dirty dishes) But other than that, we stayed in bed, snuggled up, watching conference, drinking delicious horchata, and enjoying this moment in our lives. It's a wonderful chapter right now, and we can't wait to start the next one with our little girl.


 I have been feeling like nothing is going how it should and everything is a jumbled mess, but I spent the day washing and sorting little baby clothes and it was perfect. It reminded me that no matter what is happening, where we are, if the house is unpacked or not, I need to relax. Because this sweet baby is perfect. She is my calm and my peace, and once she is in my arms, none of that other stuff is going to even matter.

We also started our birthing classes and they are going really well. I'm hoping they will help me feel more prepared for this birth. Do you ever feel prepared? Mike has been a saint, and I couldn't do any of this without him. He is incredible, and is going to be an amazing dad. And I'm so glad he is with me, because if he wasn't I would be the only one laughing in our birthing class.

I'm sorry but when she starts talking about massaging the perineum I can't help but think of this. And when the book is quoting a Dr. Dick-Read and you are standing in a circle growling, it's really hard not to start laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment